Friday, February 6, 2009

No News, Is Good News...Right?

Another week gone

Here we are at the end of another week and it is time for an update. Unfortunately, I have heard nothing on the college front.. Not a, yes your in, or we don’t want YOU. Not even a, well... lets see... if the first fifteen or so that we picked drop out... then you get on the course. I am just going to have to be a good little applicant and posses my soul in patience. Darn it!.

I will let the world know as soon as I hear, one way or the other.

It has been interesting watching the Ontario Colleges web site struggling under the load of impatient applicants, especially on Monday. They also have all the final grades from last semester that they are being sent. I talked to a slightly harassed sounding, though still helpful person yesterday about my not yet updated grades.

The job search is getting underway in earnest as I will be out of work a week Sunday. I should get some stuff done Monday and Tuesday, but then it will probably be put on hold till after I’ve recovered a little from the op. Assuming it goes ahead as scheduled. I had the pre-op clinic today and for some reason my blood pressure was way higher than the week before when my doctor took it at my pre-op examination. Wonder why? I know it was just after the nurse asked me if I taken time off work to recover? But explaining the situation couldn’t account for that... could it?

Next week.
Sunday night: Goodbye supper with my boss and the kids.
Monday: Work and a morning visit to the job centre. Follow up on the Nanny Agency I contacted today. Evening at some friends for music practice.
Tuesday: Work and do some last minute stuff.
Wednesday: Hospital 12 noon. Operation 2:30. Home in the evening
Rest of the week: .........

No comments:

Post a Comment