Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Challenging Week

and a Good Weekend

First, no news from the college. It wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t want to get on the course so much. It would be my dream career.

Things were mostly going okay this week. Sore throat... alright... very sore throat. Not eating much though. In a single day I’d try to eat maybe three times, and that just a single item. I’d make soup and sip most of a cups worth. Have a yogurt drink, and maybe a pudding cup or something similar. In part this was because in addition to the pain of eating, I had no appetite.

Ate a bit more while out with friends Thursday night. I realised that while I need soft , or liquid stuff, seasoning is more of a problem. Spice, salt, pepper, or even concentrated sweetness, burns.

Wednesday was not a good day and I finally realised late in the afternoon that it was probably the painkillers I was on. I changed to Tylenol and talked to the surgeon Thursday and we came up with over the counter options that have been working fine. I felt much better by Thursday evening and was beginning to get my appetite back, though not eating much more than I had been.

I left a message with the college to book a private tour of the campus, as I can’t make the open house.

I was upset when I heard that dear friends had had to say goodbye to their cat. He was a sweetheart and will be remembered with love and great affection.

Friday... Only thing of note was that the college called me back to book the tour time. So that’s all done. It should be interesting and I’m looking forward to it.

The weekend has been a pleasant and productive.

Saturday was mostly a committee meeting. It went well. To start out with my committee didn’t lynch me for being a little preoccupied over the past few weeks. I also turned the corner Saturday and finally started to eat real food. Soft, and well chewed, but solid. First some bits of things at the meeting and then later when we all went out for Itallian. Granted I brought some food home for later on this week, but it was a huge improvement.

After the meal, those of us that lived in Toronto came back to my place for a couple of hours of music. I didn’t do anything, but I got to sit in a comfy chair, and scritch my Cat while the others entertained us. Very relaxing.

Today... Today I had real food. Small meals but solid. I am also finding that I am going several hours longer before I feel that I need to take the Tylenol.

Real progress. I’ll be back to normal in no time and feel ready to tackle the next stage of life next week. Find a job....

1 comment:

  1. Well, the Thursday was actually Tuesday, but that may still be the meds. LOL I'm glad you're continuing to eat better, and sorry that we missed the music.

    ReplyDelete