Thursday, January 22, 2009

Next Update

Well it has been quite an entertaining week so far, and it’s not over yet!

Monday I sat my final exam for the Chemistry course.

Some things I had down cold, a couple of things I knew I knew, but my brain couldn’t access the information... stupid filing system. Then there were a few that I knew I’d just blown. I do really hate exams, tests... whatever. I’ve never performed well in them, even when I knew the subject and the course has been all tests and the exam, apart from one project. So by the time I went in on Wednesday to get my final marks I had convinced myself that my percentage was going to be below the +70%. I wanted. +70% is a level 3 pass, which is what I preferably needed for my college application. I was really pleased when I found out that I had passed with 78%.

Then I arrived home tonight to a letter from the college informing me that I do not meet the admission requirements. I do not have a successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent). So I now have some calls to make tomorrow. Why don’t they have a copy of the assessment report I had done (and payed for) when I put in my application? I have the copy I requested in my hot little hand , and the letter that came with it said that it had been transmitted electronically to colleges to which I had applied. Is there a grade or course credit I need missing on the (I’m sure) more detailed one that they received? It says I have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma and a College Certificate (two year program). Arrg....

Oh, and tomorrow I become Canadian... eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment