Friday, January 23, 2009

Inducted into the not-so-secret society of CANUCKS!

Today has been a good day.

First thing this morning I called the college. I think we sorted out the hiccup about my admission requirements for the Collections Conservation and Management program. It may even have helped as there were other stray items that hadn't been gathered together correctly which may improve my chances of getting in. (Crossing fingers and toes!). I will look into it again next week. Just to make sure that all is well.

Then this afternoon I took my oath and became a Canadian. It went very well though it took a lot longer than I expected. There were some friends there who took lots of pictures so I might see about posting some.

I know other friends also wanted to be there, but were unable to attend; I thank you all for your good wishes.

On another note. For whatever reason, we received a free gift of a “cultural access pass” from the “Institute for Canadian Citizenship”. What that entails is a free, one year membership, to six... count em... six, museums. These include; Royal Ontario Museum (ROM), Ontario Science Centre, Toronto Art Gallery, McMichael, Gardiner Museum, and the Textile Museum! Thank goodness I hadn’t renewed my ROM membership in the Fall!

Yes, it has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment